Monday, January 5, 2009

To blog or not to blog

Well, I came kicking and screaming into the 20th century just as it ended (picture me clutching my 1962-graduation-present Smith Corona portable typewriter and saying, "I don't NEED one of those computer things!), but, now married to a laptop, I thought I would try to be a bit more gracious (and speedy) about accepting blogging.

I'm a very undisciplined writer/volunteer, my mind always racing off in seven directions at once. I'm hoping this blog will help me build better writing habits. My new year's resolution - come to think of it, it was my old year's resolution, too - is to write more, write more regularly, and write better. Anybody have tips?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Persis,
    I attended the 2008 Muse Online Writer's Conference this past year. One of the workshops I took covered writing schedules. They instructor suggested that we make to-do lists (either make them on the computer or just use a notebook) & really stick to the days schedule. I made mine by using a notebook. I hope this helps!
    Deb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Persis,
    I think you have a really good blog! I attended the 2008 Muse Online Writers Conference this past year. One of the workshops I took covered scheduling your writing. The instructor suggested making a to-do list of what you want to get done that day. She said it didn't matter if you broke the day into chunks of time for what you want to do. It also doesn't matter if you make your to-do list on the computer or use a notebook. I use a notebook. I tried doing it on the computer but it turned out I forgot to follow it!
    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete