Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Adirondack Mountain Writers' Retreat, August 20 - 23, 2009

Good news! Plans are set for the Adirondack Mountain Writers' Retreat, and it's time to share the details. I'm so pleased that Irene Sherlock will be back at Beaver Meadow Lodge with us again. This year her three-day workshop will focus on "Creative Writing ~ Fiction, Memoir & Personal Essay." If you are a writer with a work in progress in any of these genres, you are encouraged to consider whether this writing-intensive experience is the catalyst you need to push your work toward completion and make it more publishable. Our time will be divided between blocks of writing, seminars, sessions for workshopping our projects, reading from our work and consulting privately with Irene.

Our group will be limited to ten writers in order to ensure lots of individualized attention for all. Some writers are not "group" people. In fact, I always considered myself a "solo" writer until my first group experience, when I discovered myself leaping over longstanding boundaries, shedding old (bad) writing habits and exploring new territory. The retreat experience works well for me, and Irene is a wonderfully insightful guide. I've become a believer.

If you are the least bit curious about the retreat, visit my web site, www.persisgranger.com, check out the details and see what others have to say about Irene. Feel free to email me from the site if you have questions. And do pass along this information and the URL to other writers you think might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment