Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Friendship in the Writing Community

This entry won't tax your brain. Or mine. I've just been reflecting on how many kind and generous people I know. I guess that good people can be found in all walks of life, but it strikes me that members of the writing community skew the average. I count myself fortunate to have met and shared time with so many warm, friendly and creative people. Many of these relationships have blossomed into friendships that I cherish.

It's funny how an acquaintance can become a friend. This past summer an acquaintance and I were reviewing the events of an enjoyable evening together, when something silly overwhelmed us with laughter that sent tears streaming down our faces. Acquaintances became friends.

Let's be open to friendships and hang onto them fiercely.

No comments:

Post a Comment