Saturday, January 24, 2009

Getting My Come Up Ants

I've always spelled pretty well. That's not vanity talking; it came easily to me. And I'd be just as willing to tell you how bad I was at math, but why bore you?

I like words and I like spelling them correctly. I grit my teeth a little when I see words spelled incorrectly. When my daughter emailed me a self-test of twenty-seven everyday words commonly misspelled by business writers, I was sure I would coast to a near-perfect finish.

Well, if I had, I wouldn't have anything to write about. I spelled four wrong, giving me a score of 85%. The test-makers called that "good," but I found it humbling. So I'll be boning up on my spelling, and just sitting on the ground beside my pedestal--for a spell.

If you'd like to give it a whirl, visit this site and see how you do:
http://www.businesswriting.com/tests/commonmisspelled.html

Have fun--
Perky

No comments:

Post a Comment