Friday, May 15, 2009

Thurman Townwide Sale - Recycling at Its Best


Today marked the start of the long-awaited Thurman Townwide Sale, an annual opportunity for Thurman folks to empty out attics, basements and barns, and for shoppers to find a lot of great deals on things they want or need. Many volunteers pulled together to make this event come together, and now the preparations are complete.

I had agreed to help out a sick friend at her yard sale, and at the last minute decided to set out a few of my own things as well. Hooray! Tonight there are half a dozen things that won't be cluttering up my barn any more, as well as one of my novels that is on it's way to someone's bookshelf. That feels great.

Better than that, though, is the fun of having shoppers come around, stopping to visit, exchange banter and share history. We had a really enjoyable day today, and I look forward to getting back out there again tomorrow and Sunday, and perhaps snapping a few pictures to help me remember the weekend. Maybe you can come, too. Check it out at Thurman-NY.com. We're just north and west of Lake George Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment